Volunteers are needed in clinical trials to understand how new treatments or interventions affect people. Without you, better treatments for diseased like diabetes, cancer, stroke, and other medical conditions would not exists. Sometimes, clinical trials can be treatment option for people.
7 Questions to ask research teams
- What is the purpose of this study?
- How long is the study?
- What is already known about the treatment in the study?
- Will I know if I am getting the treatment?
- Will I be paid for my time?
- Do I have to pay for any part of the study?
- Will the results be given to me?